Saturday, May 5, 2012

Feeling "the love" and passing it on


Over two weeks ago, I felt the love of a fellow blogger when I got a mention in her “Blogger L-O-V-E.” Thanks, Tiffany Drape for all of your “Tasty, Beautiful, Fun."

The idea is to pay it forward by:
  • Telling you seven things about me
  • Giving a healthy holler to seven other blogs I love
  • Hope those bloggers keep passing on the cyber accolades

Seven things about me:
1. As a high school FFA member I created the mission statement of "sharing my zest for living and love of agriculture with those I encounter" With slight modifications over the years, it still serves as the words I live by.
2. I am working on my doctoral degree in educational leadership and aspire to be an adjunct professor in education while continuing to serve my middle school students.
3. I love to find ways to integrate technology (iPads, interactive websites, etc.) into my instruction.
4. My interests are diverse ranging from riding Harleys to seeing Broadway musicals to traveling the world.
5. I thrive on coffee.
6. I collect camels (not live ones)
7. I procrastinate (as evidenced by getting a shout out on 4/22 and just taking action today or is it as evidenced by writing this blog instead of grading the papers I should be working on?)
Cappuccino Break while on vacation in Italy

Seven blogs I love:
1. Agriculture Proud – Great posts about agriculture and life as a farmer/ rancher by Ryan Goodman
2. PLI (Personal Leadership Insight) – Resource for developing your own personal leadership
3. A Colorful Adventure - I love the diversity of her blog because she shares so many of my passions – agriculture, travel, and embracing life!
4. A Day in the Life of an Ag Ed Teacher – Matt Eddy, Ag Teacher Extraordinaire, shares adventures of life as an agricultural educator
5. CTE Policy Watch Blog – Is it a thrill read or a joy read? No. Does it help me advocate as a career and technical educator and be on top of “my game” to help promote the profession. Yes! It’s very important to me as educator.
6. The Happiness ProjectTips for leading a happier life
7. MD Teacher’s Space - This love goes to a newbie in the blogosphere (#7 place on my list for luck) who is sharing about resources and techniques for teachers of students with multiple disabilities

What’s next? The idea is that the seven folks I passed the blogger love on to are supposed to do the same. Time will tell.

1 comment: