Friday, June 29, 2012

My Mom has an Ipad - How to Delete an ebook


My mother received an Ipad for her birthday from her bosses.  In little bits, I am teaching her new things, plus having to learn some on my own so I can help. I am sure that many of you know how to delete a book, but I figured I would share our latest dialogue here, as well an amusing line from an earlier e-mail conversation.

Deleting an Ebook

Mom: How do you delete an ebook when you have finished reading it?

Me: Is it on your Kindle app or on the Ipad bookshelf? Or is it in Overdrive on Epub borrowed from the library?

Mom: Ipad bookshelf.  I bought it.

Me:
  1. Open up Ibooks and your bookshelf should appear.
  2. In upper right corner, you will see "Edit." Tap it.
  3. Now, tap the book you want to delete. A blue check mark should appear on the book's lower right corner.
  4. In upper left of screen, you should see a red "Delete" button. Tap it.
  5. A message will pop up that says "Are you sure you want to delete "Book Name Here". If you touched the right one and want to delete it, touch "Delete". If you realize, OMG, that's not the right one, click "Cancel."
  6. Poof! It is gone from your Ipad.  The cool thing is that because of "The Cloud" (Don't ask me. I really don't get it.) although your book is no longer on your device, if you ever want to read it again, you can get it back on the Ipad. (I'll spare you those details for now, just know it is possible.)

Love you!

The comical line in her e-mail earlier in the week:
I told Boss J (okay, she didn’t really put that. She used his name) about I heart radio.  He wants to know is there a charge for the app, do you pay for usage, or a monthly fee for it.  I told him there must have been a mistake at birth, and you are really his daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment