Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This is why I teach


With the end of school year chaos behind me from the comfort of my air conditioned home, it is easy to look back and be reminded of why I teach. I do it for the students. Students, who at the end of the year, share notes that include comments like this:
  • A 7th grader moving to Hawaii – Since you use Emodo I was wondering if I could partially be in your class. I’d just like to learn. I admire the way you teach.
  •  An 8th grader who was an FFA officer – “The FFA Chapter felt like family (you are now my aunt). . . You’ve changed my life for the good.”
  •  “You inspire me each and every day to be a better person.”
  •  Or through their parents share “_____won’t admit it to you, but he does love you and we do too!! You inspire all of us! Keep it up!”
Why do you teach?


No comments:

Post a Comment