Thursday, March 24, 2011

Top 5 Reasons to Teach Ag


What’s one of my great joys of living? Teaching Agricultural Science. Today is National Teach Ag Day, so it seemed appropriate that I blog about why I teach ag. Here’s my top five reasons in a nutshell:

#5 - It gives me an opportunity to really collaborate with other teachers to connect science, math and language arts in an applied way.

#4 – Everyday leads to a new adventure.

#3 – Serving as an FFA advisor and watching students develop as leaders is an amazing opportunity.

#2 – The "AHA" moments students have as they realize agriculture is all around them and part of everything.

#1 – “My love for youth will spur me on to impart something from my life that will help make for each of my students a full and happy future.” (Line from NAAE Creed)

No comments:

Post a Comment